Friday, January 22, 2016

2nd Quarter Reflection

I think that my biggest improvement has been in my writing. I feel that I have been doing better with the recent essays and write-ups I have done lately. I feel the To Kill a Mockingbird essay that I did was well written. I was proud of myself for accomplishing that. Along with that, I believe that my other write-ups this quarter have been really good as well.

An accomplishment from this quarter that I am proud of is what I've done in the To Kill a Mockingbird unit, especially the note-taking. Not saying that the To Kill a Mockingbird unit was hard,  but all the things that had to be accomplished wasn't exactly easy either. I am especially proud of all the note-taking I did while watching the movie. I like how I was able to fill up the chart with so many similarities and differences while I was watching the movie.

There hasn't been anything to hard about this quarter, but if I had to chose one I would say the most challenging part of 2nd quarter was when we had to read To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm not a big reader and I don't like to read, so having to read all of that wasn't fun. Along with that, I'm a slow reader so it took a while to read, especially because I had to keep stopping to make annotations and answering questions with quotes and interpretations. Besides that, there hasn't been anything that challenging that I've had to do in 2nd quarter.    

I think a strategy that has benefited me is the TIQA. Although I already used TIQA in my writing, learning what it was, and pf acting it has helped my writing skills. I think practicing this strategy has made it better and burned it even more in my mind so now I will be able to use that format easily without even think about it.

Although we haven't done many blogs this quarter, I would say that they have been pretty much the same since August. My blogs haven't necessarily been getting better and better, but the haven't been getting worse either. I feel they have been doing good, with pretty much the same quality as they were in August. 

Overall I am proud of how this quarter, and so far this year, has gone. I believe that I have been improving in lots of different skills. I also feel my work quality has been getting better over the quarter. I will try to  continue improving getting better throughout the rest if the school year, so that by third and fourth quarter, I will be in even better shake then I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment