Thursday, March 10, 2016

The 5th Wave - 3/10/16

Writing Prompt: If the author were here, what would you say and ask him?

If the author, Rick Yancey, were here, I would first ask him where he got the idea for this book. This is my main question because this book is about the alien apocalypse and I want to know how he came up with the story, plot, setting, etc. There are many things that go into creating a story, and I'm wondering where he got the ideas for all the things that go into making a book. Like the character names, character personalities, settings, and different plots and twists.

          I would also ask him what experiences influenced him to write this book. Sometimes experiences are son had goes into their writing, and I'm wondering if that is the case for Yancey. Maybe he was interested in aliens as a kid, and maybe still is. He could possibly have a fascination for different kinds of apocalypses, and he wanted to write about one. I want to know what has happened in his life to make him want to write this book.

          Another thing I would like to know from Rick Yancey is: why did he decide to write this book? I know there are probably many reasons Yancey decided to write and publish his book. Maybe is has always been interested in writing books. Maybe Yancey came up with an idea about a story one day and decided it would be good if it was turned into a book. I would like to know what Yancey was thinking when he thought of making and publishing this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment