Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies- 12/1/14

Blog for week of - December 1, 2014

Writing Prompt: Why did you choose this to read? Give at least 3 reasons.

Pages Read: 1-30

          The book I am reading is called Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. This book is about zombies, as you can probably guess form the title. Corpses raise from the dead and attack the living. Whenever I think about this book it always reminds me of my favorite TV show "The Walking Dead". This book has a setting of a long time ago. This setting causes the word choice in this book to be very confusing. I often get stuck on a word because I don't know the meaning. However this does not stop me from reading and enjoying this book.

          The number one meaning for me choosing this book to read would probably be because my mom suggested it. As I have said before I enjoy the show "The Walking Dead" so another book about zombies sounded interesting. I have seen this book many times on a book shelf located at my house, The cover of this book creeped me out at first. I would literally just stare at the book and think abut what it could be about. After staring at it many times it didn't really creep me out as much. It might sound weird but I actually find it amusing when people say "That's a creepy picture". I kind of smile to myself and say "I know" in my head.

          Another reason for me choosing this book is because I thought it was interesting. As I said before the cover creeped me out a bit. Not only did it creep me out but it also interesting me. I thought the book would be creepy and I didn't know weather or not I wanted to read. I also knew that I wanted to read it. That might sound weird or confusing but I don't really know how to explain it. I am not much of a reader s I had no plans to actually read this book.

          For quite some time I have wanted to read a horror book. This book seemed to fit in that genre so I thought "What the heck". Though the book can be confusing at times I am glad that I have chosen to read it. This books provides a a joyful experience while giving me a challenge. I hope that I will continue to find this book interesting until the end and I hope to read the other Dawn of the Dreadfuls series (which is where this book is coming from)



1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog post! Did your mom recommend this book because she watches 'The Walking Dead' too?

    ReplyDelete