Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies 1/12/2015

Blog for week of January 12, 4014

Writing Prompt: Is what you are reading believable? Why or why not?
Pages Read: 60 - 174

          The book I am reading, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, is about the zombie apocalypse starting again. As I read this book it always crosses my mind wether or not this could actually happen, wether or not this stuff is believable. The thought of this kind of scares me. Along with the book I also watch the TV show "The Walking Dead". Watching this show makes me more nervous. I think and think but I always say that this is impossible. If only I knew what causes a zombie apocalypse. Then I might feel a little better.

          Maybe sometime in the future some kind of dangerous chemical will spill and make the dead raise form their graves. This is a possibly that just might happen. This makes the reader think that what is going on in this story is believable. The problem is, the TV shows, movies, or books never tell you how it all started until the end. So until the end people don't know wether something like this can happen. Some people do believe that stuff like this is believable because there are many different ways that something terrible can happen and the world can turn into the zombie apocalypse. Some of me thinks all of this stuff is believable.

          Another part of me thinks that all of this is not believable. Like, the zombie apocalypse couldn't really happen! There will not come a time where flesh eating monsters roam the earth looking for their next meal. There is just no way...right? I feel that a world such as "The Walking Dead" doesn't and wont ever exist. Yet some of me thinks that it does. I would say that I am in the middle of believing in this stuff and not believing it.





No comments:

Post a Comment