Thursday, March 12, 2015

Extended Metaphor Poem (3-12-15)

I had a few choices that day
I could stay silent
I could talk to the person next to me
Or I could get up and walk away

If I stayed silent
Then I might forever be alone
Never having a friend to talk to

If I spoke
I could create a best friend
A best friend that will forever be mine
I will need no one else in this world once we became friends

If I made the choice of walking away then--
Then I might create an enemy
An enemy that will cause me to have more enemies

Instead of getting enemies
I decided to create a friend
A friend that can introduce me to more friends
A friend that will make me more social
And make my life better

Of course there are bad things that can happen
This friend can be a negative influence
Or maybe she will introduce me to the wrong people
Oh well, it's worth a try

Now I have a best friend
A friend that makes me happy
A friend that completes me

I had a few choices that day
I'm just glad I didn't walk away





1 comment:

  1. I really liked your poem. I would have picked the same choice. One mistake I saw was that you had a "s" after "friend" in the 7th stanza, second line, and that didn't make sense. Other than that great blog!

    ReplyDelete