Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"Impossible" (Found Poem 3-23-15)


It seemed impossible,
I said fine.
Cruise around the neighborhood,
she told her brother.
Wash up,
She instructed.
Cleared away,
put on a pot of coffee,
wine glasses, cups, saucers.
Loud in the quiet house.
Image in the mirror looked almost unfamiliar.
Soft, flushed, expectant.
Under a summer tan.
Paleness,
Circle her eyes,
Stretch taut over her worried forehead.


          This poem is something that might be considered confusing. Even though it might be difficult to understand, I still think it has a lot of meaning and power. I myself don't completely understand this poem. I would want this poem to bring a neutral feeling to the reader. I don't believe that this would bring a positive, or negative feeling. I would say that this poem is about a person. Maybe a person feeling sad or insecure could enjoy this poem the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment