Thursday, March 26, 2015

Poetry Reflection 3-23-15

          Poetry is an important part of my life. It can express different feelings that might not be said out loud. Poetry is a large and significant part of my wold. I feel like poetry has helped me become a better writer and person. If poetry wasn't in my life, I probably wouldn't be the same.

          I believe that poetry belongs to everyone. Whether you are a girl, boy, child, or adult. No matter what you are in to. It doesn't matter what your likes or dislikes are. Everyone can find an interest in poetry. I say this because there are many different kinds of poetry. If a person doesn't like types of poetry, then write your own!

          The life and experiences of a poet can greatly effect the poems that he/she create. I have learned this from Edgar Allan Poe. Edgar Allan Poe had a very hard life. Many bad things happened to him. In result, his poems were often dark and sad. Some examples of this would be his poems "The Tell-Tale Heart" and "The Raven". These poems have a negative tone and vibe. This is just one of the many ways I have learned that a poet's life effects their poems.



My Poems:


No comments:

Post a Comment