Thursday, May 21, 2015

"Paradox and Dream" Reflection

"Paradox and Dream" Reflection

Paradox: "Americans overindulge their children and do not like them; the children in turn are overly dependent and full of hate for their parents."

          This means that parents will do whatever they can to make their children happy, even though the parents dislike them, and the children will continue to be rude and mean to the parents. Also, that parents might do to much for their children, which makes the children hate the parents.

          I can relate to this because I have seen a case like this many times. I have seen some of my friends constantly be rude to their parents when their parents have tried really hard to make them happy. I have also experienced this, becuase I am this way too.



Paradox: "Our lives as we live them would not function without electricity, but it is a rare man or woman who, when the power goes off, know how to look for a burned-out fuse and replace it."

          This means that, even though we spend most of our time around and using electricity, we don't know how to fix it when it gets broken. If our phone stops working, we won't know what to do to. In turn, we go to the phone store. What we do is we look on Google looking for the answers, but if our device isn't working, then we can't look on Google, and we won't know what to do.

          I can relate to this because I have been around when a person freaks our when their phone stops working and they don't know what to do. I think that it is true that ..."it is a rare man or woman who, when the power goes off, know how to look for a burned-out fuse and replace it."  I have never seen a person try and fix their problem when a power outage occurs. They just assume it will turn back on itself, and so they wait in the dark. I've always wondered how we can be so involved in technology, and not know how to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment