Thursday, February 18, 2016

NIght - 2/18/16

Writing Prompt: Describe a character you would like to meet. List four questions you would ask them.

          If I could, I would like to meet the author of the book, Elie Wiesel. I think it would be an amazing experience to meet him and ask him a bunch of questions about his experiences and how it has effected his life. I think that I would be able to learn more about the Holocaust and different concentration camps. As well as be able to get an inside story of what it was actually like to be in a concentration camp. I would also like to know all of the things that were going through his mind as life in the concentration camps progressed.

         One thing I would ask Elie Wiesel is: What was your first thought when you entered your first concentration camp? I would like to know what his initial thought was about everything, before he found out what was really happening. Did he think it was like another ghetto? Did he think he was going somewhere safe? I want to know what he was thinking as he arrived in his first concentration camp.

          Another thing I would ask Elie Wiesel is: What were your thoughts on Madame Schächter? I know that other people thought Madame Schächter was crazy, and they just wanted her to stop talking, but I want to know what Elie's thoughts about her were. Did he ever think that she might somehow be trying to tell everyone of something important? Did he think she was making any sense at all. I would want to know what his initial thoughts about Madame Schächter was, when she first starting talking about the fire, and what his thoughts were as she continued to talk about the fire over and over again. I would also like to know what his thoughts about Madame Schächter was when he found out that they were burning Jews at the concentration camps.

          I would also ask Elie: What were some of your biggest fears while being in a concentration camp? There was a lot to be scared of in a concentration camp, and I just want to know what Elie was most scared of, what he thought of most. Was it doing his job and staying out of the way so he doesn't get in trouble? Was it to not make himself standout, so he wouldn't draw attention to himself, so he wouldn't get noticed? Was it fighting to get enough food and stay alive? I just want to know some of Elie's biggest fears while he was trapped in those concentration camps.

          I would also like to ask Elie: How did you adjust to the living environments of being in a concentration camp? Elie had to change the way he lived in order to stay alive. He ate less than he used to. He even learned to tolerate eating soup, because it was the only thing he could eat. He also had to live with being deprived of rights and nutrition and living with the fear that he might soon die. I would just like to know how he changed his ways, and adjusted his life in order to live and survive in a concentration camp.


No comments:

Post a Comment