Thursday, October 23, 2014

City Of The Beasts-reporter review 10/20/14

Blog for week of: October 20, 2014

Writing prompt: Pretend you are famous reporter on TV. Write a story about what you’ve read
for the evening news.


          Alexander Cold and his grandmother, a magazine reporter for International Geographic, go on an expedition to the Amazon. Of course Alexander and his grandmother didn't travel alone. They had an expedition group. A group that contained a celebrated anthropologist, a local guide and his young daughter Nadia, and a doctor. Why are they in the Amazon? Well they are looking for the Yeti of the Amazon named the Beast. Now, they know that you can't go to the Amazon without running into some Native Americans. In this case their prior knowledge isn't of much help.

          This is a basic introduction to the wonderful book that I am reading. That wonderful book is non other than, The City Of The Beasts. I am quite far in the book with only a little over 100 pages left. I know that 100 pages might seem a lot and the book seems to be no where near a solution to the problem they are facing, but I think that there has been real character development and I have learned a lot from this book. I have gained all kinds of information on the types animals and vegetation that make their homes in the Amazon region of South America.

          From what I have read so far I have been overall entertained, informed, and always interested in what I am reading. There has been a recent conflict that the characters are having trouble resolving. I'm not going to get to specific because this conflict is unexpected one and I wouldn't want to give any spoilers to anybody who want to read this book. Let's just say that the Native Americans don't really like foreigners such as well, you'll have to read for yourself. Speaking of reading for yourself, why don't you check out City Of The Beats next time you get a chance. I know when I did I wasn't disappointed.

1 comment: