Wednesday, October 1, 2014

City Of The Beasts 9/29/14

Blog for week of: September 29, 2014

Writing Prompt: What is the mood you feel when you're reading this book (happy, sad, funny, serious, etc.)
Pages Read:1-172

          City Of The Beast is a book about a group of people who travel to the Amazon in search for a mythical creature called the Beast. The sound of this book seemed interesting to me at first which is why I decided to read it. In the beginning of the book I was interested. The mood I was feeling was pleasant and I was interested in what I was reading. Now I have found that when I read City Of The Beasts there isn't a lot of interesting breathtaking parts like I had hoped. So my mood isn't as pleasant it's more of a feeling of disinterest. The reason I continue to read this book is because every now and then there are some parts that I find pleasing.

          I wouldn't say that I don't enjoy reading the book because if I didn't then I wouldn't read it but, I wouldn't say that I love this book because that's not entirely true either. The book includes factual information about the Amazon (which is the main setting in the book) while also making it interesting. I would say that currently I have an indifferent mood while reading this book. I don't completely like or dislike thins book. I'm totally into or not into this book. My basic point is this book has me in an alright mood.








2 comments:

  1. Rebbeca, I like the prompt you chose, you described your feelings well.
    -The one and only, Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You focus more on your mood, than on the mood in the novel. Did you mean to do that? If so, please change your prompt.

    ReplyDelete