Wednesday, October 29, 2014

City Of The Beats - Title Meaning 10/27/14

Blog for week of: October 27, 2014

Writing Prompt: What is the title of what you are reading? How does it fit the story? If you
don’t know yet how it fits the story, what is your best guess?

          I am reading a very interesting book named, City Of The Beast. I have been reading this book for a long time and, although still have pages left to read, feel like I have a good understanding of what the title means and how it fits with the story. Alexander and his grandmother go on a expedition, along with other people, to the Amazon. They are there for many different reasons and one of those reasons is because of this mythical creature that is said to roam the jungles of the Amazon. This creature goes by the name of the Beast.

          So far in the book that Beasts has showed two or three times. The beats gives off an awful odor. The smell is so strong that, no matter how hard you try not to, you get knocked out by that powerful stench. Some characters have run into the Beast but because of his odor have not seen him. Well they haven't seen him clearly. The smell of this creature is its defense mechanism. By the way they describe the Beast in the book it doesn't sound like he needs one! The Beasts is said to be this ferocious and dangerous animal but, if they've never seen it then they don't really know. They are basically just going based off of what they think the Beast looks like. Like I have said before, the Beast has been seen but just not clearly.

          Since I have more pages to read I have not yet understood the title completely. The title is City Of The Beasts. The ending is Beasts which is plural, because of that I am not sure weather or not there is going to be more that one Beast. That is something I will soon find out as I continue reading. Most of the book is not about the Beast and talks more about the Native Americans, which they see a lot of since they are in the Amazon. As I read on I hope to learn more about the meaning of the title and how it fits the story.





No comments:

Post a Comment