Thursday, April 28, 2016

Tuesdays with Morrie - 4/28/16

Writing Prompt: Which Tuesday had the most impact on you?

          Out of all the Tuesdays, I would say that the Tuesday about death as inspired me most. I say this because that Tuesday really made me think about death and what it means. The words of Morrie have made me rethink my life. It reminded me that all people will die, and nobody knows when.

          One of my favorite aphorisms is in the Tuesday about death. The aphorism is "…once you learn how to die, you learn how to live." (pg 82). This makes me think of the phrase: live your life to the fullest. Morrie's aphorism can have different effects on different people, but for me it makes me think of what I'm doing with my life, and what I would regret if I were to die at this moment. 

          I like this Tuesday because it makes a person have a different view on death. Something that made me think was when Morrie was talking about the bird on his shoulder. On page 81 it says, "'Do what the Buddhists do. Every day, have a little bird on your shoulder that asks, 'Is today the day? Am I ready? Am I doing all I need to do? Am I being the person I want to be?'…'Is today the day I die'" Reading this made me think about all those questions and how I would definitely not be ready to die today. This also helps me think about my life and how it could change so that when the bird asks me those questions, I will be satisfied with my answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment