Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Tuesday's With Morrie Socratic Seminar Reflection - 5/4/16

          The seminars made me think differently about life and Morrie. The seminars helped me realize how Morrie is completely selfless, and how his views on things are different than most. For example, his religious views help him connect with people because he doesn't have just one belief. Morrie's views on death also changed the way I think about life and death. Morrie also helped me see the different way I could live my life. He showed me the different ways I should live my life, because I never know when the end will come. 

          I noticed that for each seminar, I didn't talk much and my goal was always to get into the conversation more. This was my goal because I would say hardly anything during the seminar, and if I did it was short and quiet. Although this was an important goal, I didn't work very hard to accomplish it. The reason might be because I didn't try hard enough to speak out loud and get into the discussion, even though I had thoughts and notes I wanted to share. 

          I noticed that for each seminar, the class focused on Morrie and how unusual he is. Morrie thinks and acts differently than most, and this made him an interesting topic to discuss. Morrie's views on religion, life, people, and death helped each seminar by giving the class something to really think about. The class helped each seminar by giving quotes, specific moments in the book, and thoughts about the subject. This helped the seminar stay on track, and helped guide the discussion.






No comments:

Post a Comment