Friday, February 6, 2015

Book Talk 2/2/15

Blog for week of February 2, 2015


VIDEO



Transcript:

I will be telling you about the book Pride and Prodigious and Zombies Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith. Considering this book is about zombies I would say that the genre would be horror and/or thriller. This book takes place a long time ago in Regency England. Regency England took place 1811- 1820. There are many important characters in this story. There is Mr. Bennet, Mrs. Bennet, Elizabeth Bennet, Mary Bennet, Kitty Bennet, Lydia Bennet, Jane Bennet, Master Hawksworth, and Dr. Keckilpenny. Of course there are more important characters, but these are the main important characters I guess you would say. As the story goes on it focuses more on Elizabeth Bennet, as it tells her crazy journey of becoming a zombie slayer, Master Hawsworth, as it slowly lets out his dark secrets, and Dr. Kekilpenny, as it shows the madness behind his crazy ideas. All of the Bennet sisters, Elizabeth, Mary, Jane, Kitty, and Lydia, have to set aside their learning of being young, pretty, polite ladies, and gain the knowledge of being zombie slayers. This is not something that they are used to and it is a difficult challenge that they have to overcome, and their mother, Mrs. Bennet, is not accepting this very well. This book is quite detailed on the decayed looks that the zombies create. The book is so descriptive on those parts that you can almost picture exactly what the zombie would look like.

I really like this book because before this I hadn't ever read a book in this genre and now I hope to explore more books like this one. I think I will remember all of the zombie battles and the hidden romance that is clearly happening. I would recommend this book to my friend Celeste because, like me, she enjoys things like the TV show "The Walking Dead" (which is about zombies) and basically things that would fall into that category. If you are into zombies or horror or distasteful things, then I think that this would be a book might be something that you would enjoy. So, if you think it is it's Pride and Prodigious and Zombies Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith.









Commented on Mia's Blog, Jared's Blog, Emily's Blog

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I love how you explained in detail what was going on in the story. One thing however that you could improve in is I feel like you gave away to much detail, it could just be me but overall great job!

    ReplyDelete