Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Looking for Alaska 2/16/15

Writing Prompt: 1. Who is the most important character to you? Why? 2. Why did you choose this to read? Give at least 3 reasons.

Pages Read: 29 - 56

          To me, the most important character in this book is a battle between Alaska Young and Miles "Pudge" Halter. I know that Miles is the main character because the book is speaking in his point of view, or fist person. Even though this is so, I also feel that Alaska Young is an important charter because 1. the book has her name in the title, and 2. This is the girl that Miles is 'in love' with. Also Alaska comes up very frequently in the book.

          I chose this book to read for many reasons. One reason I chose this book to read is because it is by one of my favorite authors. That author is John Green. John Green also wrote Fault in our StarsPaper TownsAn Abundance of Katherine's, and many more.

          Another reason would be: I have wanted to read this book for a while (because it's by John Green). Not just because it's by John Green but also because I think it sounded interesting. There is a 'before' and 'after' in the book. I just can't wait until I get to the after and find out after what!

          A third reason why I have chosen to read this book is probably because I know other people who have read it and they say it is good. I can't have other people reading and talking about a 'good' book without having the knowledge of what this book actually is! I have to say, those people were right. This book has caught my attention since the beginning. I can't wait to finish it!







Commented on: Mia's BlogJustin's BlogJared's Blog

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, great job! I understand your delima in chosing the most important character, I can see how it could lean either way! I can not find anything wrong with this blog post! You did a really good job!

    ReplyDelete