Friday, February 20, 2015

Global Collaboration Reflect 2-20-15

          My level global awareness before entering 7th grade was not high. To me, global awareness means being aware of what is going on around the world. I think this is so because I don't try to know what is happening in the world, therefore I don't know. After entering 7th grade I feel that my global awareness has gotten better. If it weren't for having an article of the week (AOW) I wouldn't have been able to say that!

          After viewing the Indian and Swedish pen pal I know how different and similar things are compared to our life and our school. For example, my school has an A and B team for each grade and the Swedish school had a Red, Yellow, and Orange section in their school. Another difference is, everyone takes their shoes off while in the school. I wish we did that here! I bet their school is way more cleaner because of this. A similarity would be: we both have many classrooms for many different subjects and reasons.

          Since the collaboration my perspective on other cultures has changed a bit. Before, I didn't realize that middle school life in Sweden was very similar to middle school life in America. Different things like that are what have altered my perspective.

          Something shocking thing that I have learned so far is that, as I said earlier, life there doesn't seem that different from life here. I find it a little funny that their school is much bigger and has more classrooms than many other schools that I have seen. They have a wood room (kind of like a wood workshop where you build things), a needle room (a room with a bunch of sewing machines so people can make different things), a home economics class, and so many more. I wonder why they have all of these great things compared to our school.



1 comment:

  1. I agree that their school is much more cool than ours. I think you could have added more in the third paragraph. Overall this is a great blog!

    ReplyDelete