Friday, February 27, 2015

"Weeping Rose" - Picture Poem

"Weeping Rose"


I am a rose
I am a dying rose
I am a thirsty rose
In desperate need of water
Clean, crystal clear water
So that I may grow,
and once again be beautiful

I am a rose
I am a weeping rose sagging to the ground as I slowly wither away
wrinkling and crinkling,
not able to stand much more of this pain
My leaves, my petals they are ripping away as the wind blows
My stem beginning to weaken

I am a rose
I am a vanishing rose
I have very few petals left and my leaves are all gone
Soon I will be just dust in the wind
Soon I will be nothing more than a breeze
Soon I will no longer be a rose

1 comment:

  1. This is a really, really powerful poem. I loved the imagery and the sense of the rose dying or "vanishing."

    ReplyDelete